Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I can't believe the twins are four and Lily is two.  Time has flown and I'm sad to see my babies grow up so fast.  My sweet little Lily has been catapulted into the two's with major attitude.  Not nearly as bad as the twins, but still, sad to see her independence come out.  I liked my sweet, cautious mini-me.
We ended up doing a combo party for all three since their b-days are only a few days apart and at this age, we can still find enough things that they all like.  Since we had a mild winter, I was banking on a great spring and booked the party at Owens Spring Creek Farm.  We had visited once before with my mom's group and the kids LOVED it.   We had so many friends and family celebrate with us, we had such a great time. 
 I had some coloring sheets and stickers set up for kids to do as everyone arrived, but the goats quickly stole everyone's attention and so we all jetted down to the pens. The kids were so excited and eager to feed those things. I think we were actually giving them breakfast as the goats were quite hungry!
Chicken wire surrounded the horses next to the goats so little hands couldn't get bit, but leave it to Abby to find a small hole to feed that horse.


Ah, bunnies, that's more my style.

After the goats, we headed over to see the Clydesdales, ducks, and chickens.  They also had pigs, but we never made it over there, lol.
Lily's buddy for the day.

Abby's best friend had a soccer game in the morning so she showed up a bit late, but Abby was SO excited when she finally did arrive.  She stopped and showed Landry the goats, horses and birds.  These two are so cute together.
After we saw and fed the animals, it was time for our hayride.  Everyone was super excited and even the moms and dads jumped on for a spin.
Landry, Abby & Nicole - pre-k buddies

Jack & Will - more pre-k buddies (Abby)

Our lone ranger - not sure how he got seperated from Noah

A little nervous but loved looking around from Grandpa's lap
Three cousins goofing off
After the hayride, we all ran back up to the house for snacks and cake.  My mom and I carried on the tradition this year and decorated some great animal cupcakes and a barn for the party (all organic :-).  Such fun!

Lily wasn't sure what to do.  Daddy finally had to blow her candle out for her.


All our wonderful friends and family.  The kids actually go like this on their own!


No comments: